Friday, April 19, 2013

Nail Polish Haul: Essie, OPI, China Glaze

Hello lovelies! Thank goodness it's finally Friday! I don't know about you but I always like to paint my nails on Friday so that I have a fresh manicure for the weekend. Over the course of the last year, I developed a bit of a nail polish obsession where I really can't stop adding new polishes to my collection every few months. Whenever my friends come over, they always ask me, "So Tiff, any new additions to your nail polish library?" Luckily, over the past week, I was able to answer, "Why yes, there are!" Below are the new polishes that I've purchased either in stores or online. Now, I'm not going to lie. When I look at these, I feel like a kid in a candy store. Then again, when I'm actually in a candy store, I become a kid all over again. Heh. 


Aren't these colors perfect the spring and summer?! I've really been into pastels with a creme finish lately, just because they're so cute, carefree and wearable. Along with these 8 nail polishes, I also bought a glass nail file and nail dotting tools. To avoid any confusion, I have to add that the nail dotting tools were actually purchased from eBay. They're super cheap so if you're looking to make cute polka dot designs, then I highly recommend you to purchase them. Or you could just use a toothpick or the end of a bobby pin. That works too :)


From left to right: Essie's "Where's My Chauffer?", Essie's "First Timer", Essie's "Under Where?"

I've purchased two out of the four polishes offered in the Essie Spring Nail Polish Collection 2013. Contrary to what you may see, I chose "Where's My Chauffer" over the actual collection polish "In the Cab-ana" because I found these colors to be sort of similar to the point where I didn't really need both. I preferred "Where's My Chauffer" because it veered closer to the bright, light turquoise color found in Tiffany and Co. So gorgeous! "In the Cab-ana" is more of a aqua azure that would look brighter with a deeper turquoise hue than "Where's My Chauffer". 

I haven't tried "First Timer" but it's described as "an adorable, newbie green"on Essie's website, and I really loved the soft creamy green with a minty finish. It sort of reminds me of a Shamrock Shake. Mmm, Shamrock Shake. Too bad those only come once a year. Wow, I really need to stop talking about sweets in this post! My sweet tooth even comes out in my posts unrelated to food. 

Anyways, I digress. I've already tried Essie's "Under Where" and I have to say that I just might use up the whole bottle by this summer! I'm definitely looking to do a NOTW (Nails of the Week) for my blog and "Under  Where" is going to be the first one, so stay tuned for that.


From left to right: OPI's "Pink Friday", OPI's "Are We There Yet?"

"Pink Friday" is part of the OPI Nicki Minaj collection from 2012. It's a lovely bubblegum pink color with a creme finish. As for "Are We There Yet", I had been on the lookout for a creamy coral but had a little trouble finding the perfect one. However, this one seemed like the closest. It's a very pretty coral melon color with just a hint of shimmer. 


From left to right: Essie's "Good to Go Top Coat"", China Glaze's "Kinetic Candy", Revlon's "Whimsical" 

After a horrible experience with OPI's Top Coat, I decided to try Essie's "Good to Go" topcoat in the hopes of a better experience. Alas, it was definitely an improvement in terms of drying time and I didn't start to see chipping until around five days later. 

"Kinetic Candy" is such a gorgeous pale creamy blue. I plan to use it both separately and with Revlon's "Whimsical" since I think these colors will go beautifully together. For those of you unfamiliar with "Whimsical", while the polish looks colorful and sparkly, the actual polish is extremely sheer and works best layered on top of a more opaque polish. 


Another purchase that I was excited to try was my new glass nail file. I don't file my nails often but I thought it would be handy to have on hand, just in case. I've heard great things about glass nail files since apparently, they last longer and are better for your nails in general. Have you ever tried using a glass nail file or do you prefer the emery board nail files?


What's awesome about these nail dotting tools is that they come in a variety of sizes so that you can make different sizes of dots, depending on how large you want them. There is also one tool with a smaller, sharper pointed end for making other designs. My only gripe about these tools is that while they do come in a variety of sizes, between most of them when I actually put them to use, I'm not noticing much of a difference. 


It's okay though, they were relatively cheap at a little under $2. And I'm sure I'll be putting them to even more good use since I have many pastels on hand.

What did you think of these nail polishes? Do you happen to have any of these colors or are there any that you would like to buy? Let me know in the comments below! And if you have any suggestions, please let me know some of your favorite polishes because I'm always on the lookout for new colors to add to my nail polish rack. Thank you for reading! 

With love, Tiffany 

26 comments:

  1. Nice Haul ^.^ love those nail polishes (;
    i'm having a giveaway on my blog , if you want to check it out ^.^ :
    http://nhilovesbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/04/first-impression-giveaway-lioele.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you haha I can't wait to try them all out! And I entered your giveaway yesterday, crossing my fingers ahaha :D

      Delete
  2. Great haul, I love the colours you chose! I've been looking for these nail pens
    for such a long time just can't find it anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wasn't able to find them anywhere either but surprisingly, eBay has a pretty wide selection, you should check it out! =)

      Delete
  3. I'm so in love with the pale pastel colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pastel colors especially the coral. And I always want to try the dotting pens but I wasn't sure if it would actually work haha you should make a nail tutorial post tiff ^^

    Http://misaraisu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe me too, I think I'm going to try the coral nail polish next! And yes, the dotting pens work pretty well but honestly, I find using a toothpick works fine as well. The dotting tools just give you choice between the sizes of the dots.

      Ahahah we'll see about a tutorial, maybe someday after I get a little more skilled in making cute designs, I definitely want to try though :D

      Delete
  5. I absolutely adore Essie's Under Where - I think I'm obsessed with that colour because I want to dye my hair that colour, haha! And the dotting tools look great - I need some myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I know, Under Where is such a gorgeous color, it's my favorite light purple! I think the light purple hair would definitely look so cool, you should do it! :D

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yes, they are lovely indeed! I can't decide which one to wear next :D

      Delete
  7. I love the mint ones!! Mint is so popular now, since green is the color of the year, but I've always loved the color of mint <3

    I personally don't own any nail polishes because I'm not allowed to paint my nails, but if I could, I'd paint them pastels and dark plums > u <

    You should definitely make a blog post about your nail polish collection!!

    http://tokki-autumn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha I know, everyone loves mint nowadays! I didn't really get into it until this year but now I can't get enough! That sucks how you can't paint your nails, the rules in Korean schools must be super strict.

      And yes, that's a great idea! I think I will someday <3

      Delete
  8. Oh really cool haul
    Now I´m follwing you if you want follow me back´

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, of course I'll follow you back! <3

      Delete
  9. Hi Tiffany,
    I'm a new follower :)
    I'm loving the colours you picked out!
    I have the same nail polish obsession as you do and funnily enough my friends ask me the exact same thing everytime they come over as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Carmen, thank you for following! <3 Ahahah seriously right? You can never have enough nail polish, and with new colors coming out all the time, it's hard to not go crazy.

      I would like to check out your blog but it seems like the link in your Google+ isn't working? You can give me the link and I'll follow back! :)

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous shades you picked out! If you're in need of a really fast drying top coat then maybe consider trying Seche Vite. It's my HG top coat since I can't stand waiting for my nails to dry.

    Louise
    dreamdustx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've heard great things about Seche Vite, it's supposedly the favorite amongst nail polish lovers because it dries so fast. I was trying to decide between Seche Vite and Essie's Good to Go. Ahhh I'll definitely check it out after I'm empty out my Essie. Thanks for the tip! <3

      Delete
  11. check out my most recent post! may give you some ideas on what to do with your new polishes :) i also have a bit of a 'library' happening myself haha

    also-nail dotting tools has to be the best invention!!

    xxx Brooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following and sharing, I'll definitely check out your post! <3

      And yes, the nail dotting tools are such a lifesaver. I know a lot of people just use toothpicks and pins but I think the dotting tools make a big difference :D

      Delete
  12. Ooh, I love your spring nail polish haul hun~ ^-^ Such pretty colour selections! I've had Revlon Whimsical on my wishlist for ages now and I still need to get my hands on it! Those dotting tools are amazing too! I bought myself a pack last year and have only used it a handful of times, hehe. But for the price you pay it doesn't even matter. It'll last you forever! So glad Ebay exists! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww haha thank you! Whimsical is super gorgeous and can be used with so many different colors, I love the jelly effect :D And yes, thank goodness for eBay! I don't think I'll need to buy another set of tools :D

      Delete
  13. I have the same dotting set and teal nail polish!

    <3 Kelly's Kouture

    ReplyDelete