Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Product Rave + Review: Mac "Girl About Town" Lipstick


While I'm pretty neutral about Kim Kardashian, I think we can all agree here that she is totally rockin' the fuschia lips! 

Hot pink and fuschia lips make for a bright and fun look that is perfect for the upcoming warmer months. They're not quite as bold and intimidating as red lips but just as fun and flirtatious. You can pair them with a neutral eye for the daytime or a smokey eye for night time. The best part about this lipstick is that the color looks flattering on practically all skin tones! 

Lately, I've been all about MAC's "Girl About Town" lipstick, which is what Kim is wearing in the above picture. Before my trip to Las Vegas a couple weeks ago, I wandered into MAC and was looking to add a bright pink lipstick to my makeup collection. One of the women who worked there instantly pulled out "Girl About Town" and informed me that this was an incredibly popular shade that a lot of girls liked. Needless to say, after one look in the mirror, I was hooked. 


The Mac Cosmetics website describes "Girl About Town" as a bright blue fuschia and has an Amplified Creme finish. Upon reading that, I was a bit skeptical, considering that I normally don't look good with lip colors that have any blue tones in them, but it was surprisingly flattering. 


For those of you who aren't too familiar with MAC Cosmetics, MAC is famed for their high quality makeup and wide variety of selection, designed to have a match for everyone. The packaging is sleek and simple and the lipstick is contained within a small, durable lipstick bullet. 


Here it is swatched on my skin. To me, I'm not really seeing the blue tones in the  color, and I have a pretty obvious warm skin tone. However, perhaps it looks different on someone with a cooler skin tone. Regardless, you can see that it is an incredibly fun and vibrant color. 


So these are my bare lips with nothing applied. I know they're a bit dry looking and I apologize for that ^^; My natural lips don't have a lot of color to them, which is why I always need to apply some form of lip product to complete any look. 



And here it is after I've applied the lipstick. I've paired it with Nyx's "Fuschia" lipliner. You don't necessarily have to use this lipstick with lipliner, as it applies fine without it. The lipliner just keeps it a little neater. 

As you can, the finish is very creamy and pretty much fills in all lines, leaving behind a smooth finish.The lipstick is of very good quality and is not chalky or drying at all, in contrary, quite moisturizing. And the lasting ability of this is at least for 4 hours if you don't end up accidentally wiping or washing it away. 


And of course, you'll need a full face picture to gauge how it really looks. I know the up close pictures above makes the lipstick look more hot pink, but as you can see, it is more a warm and bright fuschia pink. I kept my makeup simple by pairing the lipstick with a neutral smokey eye. I also find that this lipstick color really pops against the color blue. 



I will definitely be repurchasing this lipstick when I run out. The best part about this is how it can just complete a look without looking overboard. I love red lips and all but the occasions where I can break them out is often limited. Instead, I find fuschia lipstick to be a fun and cheeky alternative. 

What do you guys think of this lipstick? I cannot stress enough how lovely and flattering this color is! The next time you're near a Mac store, I urge you to try it on and see for yourself. Do you have any other bright pink, fuschia lipsticks that you like to use? Or do you have any particular colors that you are excited to use for the spring and summer? Please let me know in the comments below! 

With Love, Tiffany 

10 comments:

  1. Pretty color and pretty you! <3 I love the color but I know I won't have the guts to put that on haha cause my lips look so weird with bright colors like red or bright pink but it looks really vibrant and beautiful on you Tiff ^^

    http://misaraisu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww hehe thank you, Misa! I'm sure you would look nice in it haha if it's way too bright for you, a nice medium pink would look lovely with your new ash blonde hair! <3

      Delete
  2. I just ordered this one and by this review, i'm sure as hell going to love it :)
    loved that you paired it with blue, it looks fab on u :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eve! You're definitely going to love this color, it's definitely one of my favorites <3

      Delete
  3. I've loved this colour ever since I saw Yoon Eun Hye rock it in the drama Missing you. Plus the colour looks great with your skin tone ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I just checked out pictures of her wearing it, it looks gorgeous on her! haha I didn't know this color was that popular in Korea, apparently the lipstick now has a waiting list over there xD

      Delete
  4. I love the shade! But I think its too bright and loud for my skin tone. lol. It looks good on you, though! <3 xo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww haha thank you, Kristine! Yeah, it may be a bit intimidating for those who aren't used to wearing bright colors on their lips. But I think it would look lovely on you! <3

      Delete
  5. This is such a bright fuchsia pink shade! Definitely great for a statement lip :) I haven't yet gotten my hands on some MAC lipsticks before but I really want to try them soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yeah, you should definitely check out MAC lippies, they have so many colors, it'll be hard to choose from! But this one is definitely one you would like if you're looking for something bright :D

      Delete